M
Posted By
miltonadams
Feb 15, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After choosing the Magnetic Lasso Tool, I drag to choose my selection. Upon completing the selection, I’m given this message – "Warning:No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selected edges will not be visible." The result, no selection.

The Lasso Tool and the Polygonal Lasso Tool work correctly. And, in the past the Magnetic Lasso Tool has functioned correctly. I’m not sure why it now give me this warning. Any advice?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
Don_McCahill
Feb 15, 2004
Are you on a layer that contains content? It is easy to be on a layer with type or content that is outside of the area you are selecting.

Also, is feathering set to a high level on this tool?
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Feb 15, 2004
The Lasso Tool and the Polygonal Lasso Tool work correctly. And, in the past the Magnetic Lasso Tool has functioned
correctly. I’m not sure why it now give me this warning. Any advice?

Photoshop means what it say. No pixels are more than 50% selected. Maybe the feather setting in the option bar for the selected tool is set too high. Check it out.

Regards
Madsen
LC
Lee_Clayton
Feb 16, 2004
Again, IMHO, the most likely senario is that you are on one layer selecting an area but you the area you are selecting is transparent therefore – no pixels. Layers are fantastic but they can throw you a curve at times.
TM
Thomas_Madsen
Feb 16, 2004
"Warning:No pixels are more than 50% selected. The selected edges will not be visible." The result, no selection.

I forgot to mention earlier that the message doesn’t mean no selection. It means that no pixels within your selection is more than 50 % selected and when no pixels is more than 50 % selected, the edges of the selection will not be visible.

Regards
Madsen

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections