Posted By
T_Galloway
May 1, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Nothing open but Bridge and Photoshop-CS3
If I open more than two large files (30-40mb in size) and I try to drag the images around the screen, it will hang or not finish redrawing the image in it’s new location. Sometimes it will crash PS.

XP Pro-Dual processor-4 gig rams-7900GS/256mb video card Dell 30" WFP monitor.

Doesn’t happen with CS2.
Is this a bug in CS3, or does it need more video ram?
Would a ram card with 512mb or more help–or a waste of $$?

Thanks
T.O.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CY
curt_young
May 1, 2008
I have this problem with only 1 meg files sometimes. Try slowing down your actions to allow computer to keep up.

As far as video ram read this link.

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.59b517e9/20>
JM
J_Maloney
May 1, 2008
Try slowing down your actions to allow computer to keep up

Ouch.
I
ID._Awe
May 1, 2008
T:

Curt’s suggestion is ridiculous for your specs. What else do you have running in the background?

My first suggestion would be to close Bridge while you’re in PS, Bridge CS3 is a real resource hog and takes a lot of memory (Bridge CS2 works fine and I use it more often). I have 8 gigs and Bridge CS3 still freezes and stops when organizing large photo directories.
TG
T_Galloway
May 1, 2008
Minimal stuff running. I watch that pretty closely.
But background items shouldn’t be an issue, as it works fine with CS2 on the same machine and with the same images.

As a matter of fact, it’s actually much smoother in CS2. Even with just a single image being moved around.

I found and tried the stuff listed in the Adobe Technote ID 331412-but there was no difference. I see a lot of people are complaining about the same thing, as I do more research.

Since I have such a large monitor–30"– I was wondering if the extra video ram would help. Where do I go for video card experts?

Thanks all.
T.O.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections