D
Posted By
dcole
May 3, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
For reasons I have not yet identified, unpredictably I sometimes get a transparent white screen in PSCS3 with "This program has to close" when I use the brush tool with a Wacom tablet and when I try to use a plugin filter (buZZ Pro).

My system is: AMD x2 Athlon 4800 cpu; Asus A8nSLI Premium mobo; Gigabyte 7600GT 256mb vga card; 2gb of ram; two hdds with the scratch disk on the D drive. OS is Vista Ultimate. I am running the latest Wacom drivers for my tablet and the latest Nvidia driver (just a few days old) for the vga card.

Another problem I have with CS3 is that sometimes the cursor, with the wacom pentool and with a Logitech MX revolution mouse and latest drivers, lags behind the movement of the pentool and moves in jerks – a restart cures this. But what causes this?

….and..while I’m here… I have had to create a new Administrator under Vista to get PSCS3 and Dreamweaver CS3 to install. Without this, the Setup window briefly flashes on and then disappears. Having installed the prog using the additional Administartor and I get rid of it and then carry on as before. But what uis going on here?

Could it be a memory problem? or cpu overload? Some incompatability? I am baffled. Grateful for any ideas what may be causing these behaviours.

Thanks

David

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

I
Invizogth
May 4, 2007
I think that it is the Nvidia drivers, I have a 7900 fx with the latest drivers and CS3 would not run at all on my machine with WinVista Ultimate. Spent a couple of hours on the phone with Adobe with no success in solving the problem

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections