B
Posted By
Bently
Mar 14, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
You know how sometimes you can take a picture with your phone, but it has those really big pixel boxes all over the photo. Well I just recently got Photoshop cs3, and Ive never really used photoshop before. So I have some car photos and misc photos of friends on my phone that arent great quality. Is there a tool in photoshop that could get rid of this?

I tried sharpening the image but it seemed like all that did was make it a little brighter and the big pixels are even more evident. Is there a way to make a photo with big pixels turn into one with a bunch of little pixels to make the image more clear?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

RK
Rob_Keijzer
Mar 14, 2008
Is there a tool in photoshop that could get rid of this?

Get rid of what?

Maybe an example of what you want would be in order.

Personally, shooting with a cell phone, and then get PS to process them is a workflow I would hope to wake up from fast.

Why not get a camera with which you *can’t* make telephone calls, and get technically decent images to start with?

Rob
JJ
John_Joslin
Mar 14, 2008
You can’t do much with those "big pixel boxes", they are artefacts created when the image is compressed to get it into the limited storage on the phone. It must be an old phone or set to max compression (if there are such controls on a phone).

The best you can do would be to manually blur the edges of the blocks with the blur tool but it’s never going to be great.

Maybe the moderators should set up a Photoshop CSI sub-forum – we are getting a lot of questions like this lately. B)
BL
Bob Levine
Mar 14, 2008
I’ll take that under consideration, John, but don’t hold your breath. <g>

Bob

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections