Uninstall CS2 after installing CS3 — any gotchas?

MB
Posted By
Michael_Brakke
Feb 24, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have the same question about uninstalling CS2 AFTER installing CS3, but about MacOSX 10.4.11, on a MAC G5. Can I safely uninstall Creative Suite 2 AFTER installing Creative Suite 3? I have many plugins that I have updated for CS3 and am now concerned that I will have a conflict with the older versions of those plugins that are left in CS2 if I do not remove CS2.

I could not find instructions that I uninstall CS2 before installing CS3 and assumed it wise to keep an old copy just in case. Now I am worried about plugin issues though so far (1 day,) this has not been a problem.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

MG
Michael_G._Reed
Feb 24, 2008
I’m afraid I cannot be much help. I did finally uninstall CS2 several months after installing CS3 and have had no problems under WinXP. But it was a more or less clean install with no old plugins to cause problems. I hope someone with more experience can help you with this.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections