AM
Posted By
Avrohm_Melnick
Feb 16, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I appreciate the help and suggestions, do not care for the sarcasm of Mr/Ms deebs. This is the verbatim error report CS gives when starting up:

"adobe photosop’s color profiles have been replaced with older color profiles. Most often this is caused by installing adobe illustrator 9 after installing adobe photoshop. we recommend that you reinstall adobe photoshop to correct the problem."

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
so you are now able to install and uninstall? now the only problem is the color profile warning?
AM
Avrohm_Melnick
Feb 16, 2005
Yes that’s the only problem — program seems to work fine, doing extensive printing on Ep4000 without a hitch. So don’t know if I should just ignore the warnings — has a little check box to "don’t show this warning again". But as it stands PS won’t install or uninstall as mentioned above. Unless I have a problem with performance or somebody thinks I need to pursue further I probably will just keep working as things are. AI works fine also.
Thanks.
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 16, 2005
have you tried copying the installer (the photoshop folder including the setup program) to the hard drive from the cd? if you do that, reboot in safe mode again and run setup from the hard drive.
AM
Avrohm_Melnick
Feb 16, 2005
Thanks Dave, I’ll try that tonight.
D
deebs
Feb 16, 2005
Remember to note any error messages Avrohm

Note them word for word – you may Google on them too by plugging the text word for word into Google search bar

deebs

(plain ol’ deebs that is)
AM
Avrohm_Melnick
Feb 17, 2005
Well, that doesn’t work either. Copied the PS to HD, ran in safe mode, tried setup file on HD, same result. No error messages beyond the above. Doubt this matters, but this is an upgrade version, and also I run a KVM switch — but that’s how I installed CS initially.

Kind of weird that AI installed some files on my system that won’t let me re-install CS, or uninstall it; even after I remove AI, I get the same thing. I don’t know if there’s some profiles on the CS cd I can compare to what’s installed and then manually replace the older ones. You know I even tried an early windows restore point from before I installed AI — didn’t matter. Other than not being able to reinstall CS if I really need to, is there any harm you can see with just letting things be as they are?

Thanks again,
Ave
DM
dave_milbut
Feb 17, 2005
if it works you can leave it for now, but some weekend when you have the time i’d suggest backup your data, reformat the drive and do a clean install of xp. it sounds like something is really messed up with your registry. i’d do that before something goes really wrong and you lose data or access to the system.

good luck, dave

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections