Posted By
Kees van Surksum
Jan 31, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Dear Friends,

Has anyone a solution for this problem? Is it really true that even in the case of expensive software like CS2 the software dictators force us to buy an upgrade (i.c. CS3) in order to use all the possibilities of our digital camera?

I like to use Camera RAW in CS2 but this plug-in doesn’t support D40X NEF file format. I tried a suggestetd solution with Nikon View, which programm should have a build-in plug-in to send NEF images to CS2. No way…..

I just can think of converting NEF to TIFF. Is this a "losless solution"?

Has anyone a brilliant tip?

Thanks in advance,

Kees (Liège, Belgium)

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Jan 31, 2008
"Kees van Surksum" wrote in message
Dear Friends,

Has anyone a solution for this problem? Is it really true that even in the case of expensive software like CS2 the software dictators force us to buy an upgrade (i.c. CS3) in order to use all the possibilities of our digital camera?

I like to use Camera RAW in CS2 but this plug-in doesn’t support D40X NEF file format. I tried a suggestetd solution with Nikon View, which programm should have a build-in plug-in to send NEF images to CS2. No way…..

Thanks in advance,

Kees (Li
KV
Kees van Surksum
Jan 31, 2008
Toobi-Won Kenobi schreef:
"Kees van Surksum" wrote in message
Dear Friends,

Thanks in advance,

Kees (Liège, Belgium)
Hello Kees,
Your problem sounds like one an earlier poster had with his Canon. If Camera Raw 4.3.1 is required for the D40, it will not work in CS2, as you have discovered.
Yes, adobe want you to upgrade to CS3.
You should be to convert the D40 to DNG (using the free 4.3.1 DNG Converter) then you
can open them in Camera Raw 3.7.
See http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3824
HTH
TWK
Thanks! I just downloaded the DNG Converter and Cam RAW version 4.0 from the Adobe website. The first version to support the D40X NEF files. It is indeed not compatibel with CS2, but you can use it "stand alone" so it is till now the best solution I found, apart from illegal actions on CS3.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections