B
Posted By
babalooixnay
Aug 25, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My copy of the DNG converter (CS2) doesn’t support the D50 body. Does anyone know if the update is available from Adobe yet?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

LI
Lorem Ipsum
Aug 25, 2005
wrote in message
My copy of the DNG converter (CS2) doesn’t support the D50 body. Does anyone know if the update is available from Adobe yet?

http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html
R
Roy
Aug 25, 2005
wrote in message

Hi there.

There were quite a few threads, some time ago, about refusal by Nikon to allow Adobe to use some copy write code, needed for the converter. Hence the exclusion of the D50, and I think the D70s.

I do not know if common sense has prevailed yet, because the lack of the Adobe converter is another reason for photographers to stop buying Nikon Cameras.

Roy G
LI
Lorem Ipsum
Aug 25, 2005
"Roy" wrote in message

I do not know if common sense has prevailed yet, because the lack of the Adobe converter is another reason for photographers to stop buying Nikon Cameras.

Nikon can’t go on like that. I hope.
digital editorial: http://elearning.winona.edu/jjs/shoot
H
Hecate
Aug 25, 2005
On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:45:34 GMT, "Roy"
wrote:

wrote in message

Hi there.

There were quite a few threads, some time ago, about refusal by Nikon to allow Adobe to use some copy write code, needed for the converter. Hence the exclusion of the D50, and I think the D70s.

I don’t know if it’s changed, but the last time I looked the D2x, which originally was suffering from the same Nikon proprietary problems, was in the latest ACR.

As A Canon user, it doesn’t bother me except insofar as I don’t want Nikon’s ridiculous attitude to spread. 🙂

Hecate – The Real One

Fashion: Buying things you don’t need, with money
you don’t have, to impress people you don’t like…
N
noone
Aug 26, 2005
In article <iQkPe.1628$
guesthouse.co.uk says…
wrote in message

Hi there.

Roy G

Latest ARC handles the D70s, but I do not know if it is listed, as being supported.

Hunt
BP
Barry Pearson
Aug 26, 2005
Roy wrote:
wrote in message

Hi there.

[snip]

I think it is just a matter of time. Adobe add models a few times a year, and presumably they haven’t had time to add the D50 yet, as far as I know. (They officially support the D2X in version 3.1, but without attempting to decrypt the WB, and they support the D70s, but unofficially).

If Nikon gave Adobe the specifications in advance, the cameras could be supported earlier, because Adobe wouldn’t have to reverse-engineer them. Or, better, if Nikon used DNG instead, these problems would go away.

Barry Pearson
http://www.barry.pearson.name/photography/
http://www.birdsandanimals.info/
H
Hecate
Aug 26, 2005
On 26 Aug 2005 04:30:10 -0700, "Barry Pearson" wrote:

).
If Nikon gave Adobe the specifications in advance, the cameras could be supported earlier, because Adobe wouldn’t have to reverse-engineer them. Or, better, if Nikon used DNG instead, these problems would go away.

And if people could fly we’d do away with traffic jams 😉

Hecate – The Real One

R
Roberto
Aug 27, 2005
"Hecate" wrote in message

).

Not unless the Pigs could understand the air-traffic controllers.
H
Hecate
Aug 27, 2005
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:41:30 -0500, "Lorem Ipsum" wrote:

"Hecate" wrote in message

).

Not unless the Pigs could understand the air-traffic controllers.
LOL!"

Hecate – The Real One

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections