RD
Posted By
Ruta_Daugavietis
Dec 17, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have an Illustrator CS3 logo file that I want to export to Photoshop CS3 as a JPEG. I want specific RGB values in the JPEG (I’m trying to match Pantone Color Bridge RGB values for a spot color.) I made a "working" copy of my Illustrator file in which I converted my spot colors to my desired RGB values. When I open that file (as an RGB EPS) in Photoshop, the RGB values shift.
How can I achieve my desired RGB values in my JPEG?

And why are crazy Photoshop and Illustrator not consistent when it comes to color formulas?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

R
Ram
Dec 17, 2008
Illustrator has not caught up with Photoshop re color management, at least through the CS3 version; not sure about CS4.

Also, JPEG is a lossy format, in which colors can be affected in ways that will not necessarily be obvious on the screen (or in print) but enough to shift the numerical values. Try a different format like TIFF, PDF, PSD, etc.
DK
Doug_Katz
Dec 18, 2008
Just to cover all bases, you color management settings are uniform across the two applications?
RD
Ruta_Daugavietis
Dec 19, 2008
Thanks Ramón and Doug, I tried the various formats (tiff, pdf, psd… and I changed my color settings in Illustrator to match those in my Photoshop (Adobe RGB). But the RGB values still shift.
R
Ram
Dec 19, 2008
Then the first sentence in #1 would seem to apply…

Illustrator has not caught up with Photoshop re color management, at least through the CS3 version; not sure about CS4.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections