DB
Posted By
Don B
Aug 15, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Is there a way to convert the RGB values of a color to something such as mixing a paint color.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

N
natator
Aug 21, 2008
On Aug 15, 10:09 pm, Don B wrote:
Is there a way to convert the RGB values of a color to something such as mixing a paint color.

Do you mean as in mixing red and yellow paint, in real life, to get orange?

If so then you might get what you want using the smudge tool. It’s far from perfect for mixing colors, especially hard to get exactly the shade you want though. However, Painter X, more a sort of artists tool, does a really good job of it I have been told.

If, however, you mean converting RGB into the sort of formula a hardware store would mix for you in a real can of paint then none that I am aware of. However, print off a square of color on your printer and they can make a formula from that.

Not sure if that answers your question or not as I am not sure exactly what you mean, sorry.

Simon
http://darksideofthelens.com – Free Photoshop Elements 6 Video Tutorials
DB
Don B
Aug 23, 2008
wrote:
On Aug 15, 10:09 pm, Don B wrote:

Do you mean as in mixing red and yellow paint, in real life, to get orange?

If so then you might get what you want using the smudge tool. It’s far from perfect for mixing colors, especially hard to get exactly the shade you want though. However, Painter X, more a sort of artists tool, does a really good job of it I have been told.

If, however, you mean converting RGB into the sort of formula a hardware store would mix for you in a real can of paint then none that I am aware of. However, print off a square of color on your printer and they can make a formula from that.

Not sure if that answers your question or not as I am not sure exactly what you mean, sorry.

Simon
http://darksideofthelens.com – Free Photoshop Elements 6 Video Tutorials
What I was after is, for example, a shade of blue might have an RGB value of R-126 G-130 B-224. So this made me wonder if these values could be converted to percentages or some other values that could be used to mix the color if a person had the three colors of paint. What got me wondering about this was watching my wife layering watercolor paint.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections