LM
Posted By
LEMAIRE Mathieu
May 5, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Do you know how to specify a particular alpha mask (from a file / another layer for instance) to a layer ?

thanx for any advice ?

Maz

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

E
edjh
May 5, 2004
LEMAIRE Mathieu wrote:
Do you know how to specify a particular alpha mask (from a file / another layer for instance) to a layer ?

thanx for any advice ?
Not sure what you’re asking. Make a Layer Mask perhaps? If from another file, Select>Load Selection.

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
D
dplank
May 6, 2004
Here is my attempt to answer your question.

Go to the layer or file you want to use as a mask. Select all and copy it.

Select the layer that you want to apply a mask to. Select Layer>Add a Layer Mask>Revel All. This will add another thumbnail in the Layer palette.

Press Option or Alt key and click on the mask thumbnail. The image area will go white.

Select Edit>Paste. Click on the first thumbnail in the layer to leave the mask editing mode.

That should do it.

dp

LEMAIRE Mathieu wrote:

thanx for any advice ?
D
dplank
May 6, 2004
Sorry, I just realized that I said to hold the option or alt key down and click on the thumbnail to make a selection. My mistake. Use the commnand or control key.

LEMAIRE Mathieu wrote:

thanx for any advice ?
LM
LEMAIRE Mathieu
May 7, 2004
thanx for answer !

but it only works with white and black masks, not whith grayscales… in fact i would have a selection in which a grey pixel has a weight else than 1/0.

sorry if my english is weird, i m french 😉

Maz

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections