ND
Posted By
Norm Dresner
Feb 19, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I had two Photoshop files which were both derived from the same original image. I had created a mask (alpha channel) in one that I wanted to use in the other. Since I couldn’t find any "official procedure" for doing this, here’s what I did:
1. View Quick Mask in source file
2. Select All and Copy.
3. Paste new layer into destination file.
4. Since the new layer is just a black and white image, I used Select Color to create a selection based on the white part
5. Save Selection of mask in destination image
6. Delete pasted layer, leaving just the original destination file with the new selection.

Is there any easier way to do this???

TIA
` Norm

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

R
ronviers
Feb 19, 2008
On Feb 19, 12:40 pm, "Norm Dresner" wrote:

TIA
` Norm

One possibility, but I’m not sure its any easier, would be: with both images open
select the layer with the mask
go to channels palette and shift-drag the channel to the other image load channel as selection and apply mask
T
Tacit
Feb 20, 2008
In article
<EoFuj.628326$>,
"Norm Dresner" wrote:

1. View Quick Mask in source file
2. Select All and Copy.
3. Paste new layer into destination file.
4. Since the new layer is just a black and white image, I used Select Color to create a selection based on the white part
5. Save Selection of mask in destination image
6. Delete pasted layer, leaving just the original destination file with the new selection.

God yes.

Open your Channels palette. Click on the alpha channel in the channels palette, hold down the mouse button, drag it to the second image. That’s it!

You can also click on it in the Channels palette, Select All, Copy, go to the new image, create a new cannel, Paste. Click-and-drag is easier.

Photography, kink, polyamory, shareware, and more: all at http://www.xeromag.com/franklin.html

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections