Posted By
noone
May 11, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
PS6 on XP.

I have 2 nearly identical pictures (1 edited). I need to clone small details from picture A to picture B. While cloning from picture to picture is easy, I need the clone to be exactly aligned. In other words, if my clone starts at pixel x-y of picture A, I need the destination to be exactly the same pixel x-y in the destination picture. The x-y in the source will dictate where the pixels are cloned to in the destination picture, not where I click in the destination.

Is it possible to perfectly align clones from picture to picture? I’m assuming 2 pictures of identical sizes.

Thanks.
Bruce.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

M
MyVeryOwnSelf
May 13, 2008
I have 2 nearly identical pictures (1 edited). I need to clone small details from picture A to picture B. While cloning from picture to picture is easy, I need the clone to be exactly aligned. In other words, if my clone starts at pixel x-y of picture A, I need the destination to be exactly the same pixel x-y in the destination picture. The x-y in the source will dictate where the pixels are cloned to in the destination picture, not where I click in the destination.

Is it possible to perfectly align clones from picture to picture? I’m assuming 2 pictures of identical sizes.

Maybe it would work to make A a separate layer above B, then delete from A the part that you don’t want to clone, letting B show through. Sure, you’d be deleting almost all of A, but that’s a way to get alignment.
N
noone
May 13, 2008
"MyVeryOwnSelf" wrote in message
Maybe it would work to make A a separate layer above B, then delete from A the part that you don’t want to clone, letting B show through. Sure, you’d be deleting almost all of A, but that’s a way to get alignment.

That’s an idea I hadn’t thought of. I used to do this all the time in PhotoImpact so I was hoping it was also possible in Elements.

I think what you suggest will work. Thanks for the help.

Bruce.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections