DS
Posted By
D_Suchter
Jan 12, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m curious if there are any explicit or implicit limitations to the number of layers you can auto-align in CS4.

I’m on a MacBook with 2 gigs of ram and Core 2 Duo processor around 2.0 GHz. I’m trying to align a sequence of about 3,000 JPEG images that are each 320×182 pixels. I’m using File => Scripts => Load Files Into Stack on CS4 Extended (11.0).

Opening about 25 images goes really fast, say, less than 60 seconds of processing. Opening 100 images takes a good 200 seconds or so. Opening 150 works sometimes, not others. Opening 300 ran for 12 hours (overnight), then I killed the process assuming it would never finish. I can tell from my use of MenuMeters that Photoshop isn’t sucking all the RAM on my host, so I’m going to assume it isn’t an RAM limitation.

Any other ideas? I’m curious from an academic perspective what the limits are, but I’m also interested to just get my project done so any other more efficient methods are welcome. Perhaps there’s a way to do what I want if I export an MJPEG movie and use Premier Pro?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections