JN
Posted By
Jim_Newberry
Jan 13, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Using Photoshop CS4 (11.0) on a Mac with 10.5.6. Sometimes the spot healing brush works as expected. However, after working for a while, the alignment seems to be off–I hover the cursor over the spot I want to retouch, but when I click the mouse the area retouched is a bit (1/4" or so) below the spot healing brush cursor. If I quite and restart Pshop the problem goes away. This is with the spot healing brush–not the one where you need to select where to clone from. Is something wrong, or is there a new feature I don’t know about that’s causing this? I’ve used the spot healing brush quite a bit with CS3.

If anyone has any thoughts, I’d appreciate hearing them. This is getting frustrating.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CP
christoph_pfaffenbichler
Jan 13, 2009
I’ve been having similar problems with the Clone Stamp- and Pen Tool at times, especially when editing Smart Objects.
Simply hitting the F-key three times to cycle through the screen modes occasionally/usually helps in my case.
P
PShock
Jan 13, 2009
Jim –

What computer, including the video card are you using?

There have been several people reporting this problem, including me. (although I haven’t experienced it in the last week or so) As far as I know, Adobe hasn’t so far acknowledged the issue and is suggesting the blame lies with the video cards and/or their drivers. This is despite the fact that the reports are coming from a wide variety of machines.

See this thread: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx?7@@.59b73e07/20>

And yes, the easiest way to temporarily rectify the issue is to change screen mode a few times by hitting the F key.

-phil
MR
Mark_Reynolds
Jan 13, 2009
Yes its a glitch of some sort, some kind of "slip". You just press the F key as many times as you need for it. If this doesn’t work sometimes restarting Photoshop sorts it.
JN
Jim_Newberry
Jan 13, 2009
PShock:

I’m on a Mac Pro dual-core 2.66. Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT. I’ll check out the other thread–I had done a search but missed that one.

Thanks all for the replies.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections