CW
Posted By
C Wright
Dec 18, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am using PS CS2 and here is one little tiny thing for which I can’t seem to find an answer. The Spot Healing Brush Tool (the one that does not require picking a spot to clone from) lists three main choices for configuring the brush. The options are: Diameter, Hardness and Spacing. The first two are, of course, obvious but what does Spacing do? I have searched Adobe help relative to this tool without success. I use this tool a lot (usually with spacing set somewhere in the 15 to 25 range) but it bugs me that I really don’t know what I am controlling with this parameter.
Chuck

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DL
Don Leman
Dec 18, 2006
Imagine drawing a line with a pencil. If the spacing were set wide you would see a line of dashes. The smaller the spacing the more like a line it would appear.

Don Leman

Authorized retailer for Blue Circle Audio, Harbeth, Skylan and Devore Fidelity
"C Wright" wrote in message
I am using PS CS2 and here is one little tiny thing for which I can’t seem to find an answer. The Spot Healing Brush Tool (the one that does not require picking a spot to clone from) lists three main choices for configuring the brush. The options are: Diameter, Hardness and Spacing. The first two are, of course, obvious but what does Spacing do? I have searched Adobe help relative to this tool without success. I use this tool a lot (usually with spacing set somewhere in the 15 to 25 range) but it bugs me that I really don’t know what I am controlling with this parameter.
Chuck
CW
C Wright
Dec 19, 2006
On 12/18/06 2:14 PM, in article fEChh.495425$, "Don Leman" wrote:

Imagine drawing a line with a pencil. If the spacing were set wide you would see a line of dashes. The smaller the spacing the more like a line it would appear.

Thanks! That is a very clear explanation.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections