JR
Posted By
jim_raniere
Oct 27, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a windows Dell 2400 Dimension with 512 ram.
My problem is with the photo shop CS healing brush.
I’m working on a black and white photo. When I use the
(non pressure) healing brush to darken a gray area it
gives me the same gray I’m trying to replace and it seems to lose some of the texture to boot.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

DR
Donald_Reese
Oct 27, 2005
Jim, this is the photography forum [SYSOP MOVED THIS MESSAGE TO THE PHOTOSHOP FORUM], but i am not sure what you mean by the non pressure healing brush. i rarely use the healing brush to try to darken an area, because it blends the source point,with the new . maybe you want to try the clone tool,and use varying amounts of opacity,to achieve your desired intent. if you post a sample shot at pixentral,maybe i could offer a better solution,but i cant visualize exactly what you are trying to do.
JR
jim_raniere
Oct 28, 2005
Hi Donald
I appreciate your help. What I’m trying to do is blend
my dark areas with lighter mottled areas. What is happening is that my light area is not getting darker at all, the darker source point is having no effect on my light area. Shouldn’t there be a mixing of the two????????
C
chrisjbirchall
Oct 29, 2005
The "Healing Brush" is not your tool for this task. The healing brush takes the detail/texture from one area and blends with the target area. In so doing it tends to adopt the tonality/lightness of the target to achieve a good blend.
JR
jim_raniere
Oct 31, 2005
When I use a clone brush I lose texture and I
have to contend with an edge of on sort or another,
even when I add edge pixels
C
chrisjbirchall
Nov 1, 2005
If all you want to do is change the tonality, make a selection of the area you wish to darken, feather the selection (30 to 60 px) then use levels, curves, or the lightness slider in Hue/Sat, to match it with the surrounding area.

Tip: Hitting Ctrl+H before making your adjustment will hide the "marching ants" making it easier to assess.

Chris.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections