JS
Posted By
Joe_Shmo2
Jan 30, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I try to auto-align two scanned images, and select one as the reference layer by locking, they BOTH move to the top of the canvas. I want the reference layer to stay where it is. Position locking does not work either. How can this be done?

On a more general note, what do you think would be the fastest way to assemble 100 overlapping scanned images. I’m leaning towards assembling rows and then assembling the rows, since trying to auto-align all of them at once will take too long I think. And if I need to do this type of project over and over, is there a way to automate a technique like that?

Thanks,

-Mike

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

P
Phosphor
Jan 30, 2008
They shouldn’t jump to the top of the image window unless you’ve done a "CTRL + A? Select all", and clicked the "Align top edges" button.

Get a handle on the first part of your post first. Then it’ll be easier to guide you in regards to the second part.
JS
Joe_Shmo2
Jan 30, 2008
I am not pressing that button. I ask the first question because it goes to the possible technique of assembling rows, and then putting rows together. If I import two assembled rows, I can auto-align them (call them rows 1 and 2). If I then import row 3, I want to auto-align rows 2 and 3, with row 2 as the reference, so what I have already done doesn’t move. Unfortunately, this doesn’t work and rows 2 and 3 both move up to the top of the frame, despite the fact I have locked row 2.

Does that make sense – I can try to link to screenshots if not… Thanks,

-Mike
P
Phosphor
Jan 30, 2008
Ohhh, waitaminnit! I think I replied without thinking about it enough.

You’ve been saying "Auto-Align", as in: "a feature that was introduced with PS CS3."

Don’t have CS3 yet, but perhaps you might want to look into the older align & distribute functions instead, anyway. A lot of what you want to do can be batch automated and/or scripted, I’m sure.

Or maybe someone with PS CS3 experience will totally punt me off the field and give you instructions that relate to PS CS3’s Auto-align feature.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections