Posted By
Desmond
May 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone help in photoshop 7
I am not a graphical person. I need a plain orange image that faids to white from top left to
bottom right. What I want to acheve is a top bar and side bar effect. with a curve in the top left corner and have it faid out to white. Hope this makes sence. I have tied other websites to see if there are similar pages.

Desmond.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

D
disposable1
May 7, 2008
On 3 May, 07:51, Desmond wrote:
I am not a graphical person. I need a plain orange image that faids to white from top left to
bottom right. What I want to acheve is a top bar and side bar effect. with a curve in the top left corner and have it faid out to white. Hope this makes sence. I have tied other websites to see if there are similar pages.

Desmond.

This is how I’d be inclined to do it (I haven’t checked it works though!):

Start with one all-white layer, and all-orange layer on top. Select the rectangle selection tool and set feathering to some large value. Select (in the orange layer) the rectangle where you want the gradient, from bottom right to the middle of where you want the gradient on the top left. This should select all the bottom right of the orange layer.Hit delete – that should remove the selected orange area with a smooth (feathered) edge, leaving the white visible underneath. You’ll probably need to try different feather values until you get it how you want it, and you may need to remove some remaining unwanted orange bits from the bottom and right with the eraser. Then flatten the image (merge the layers) and you’re done.

Hope that helps. If you’re not familiar with layers, selections and feathering, it won’t have, but it’s not as hard as it sounds!
S
silverthreads
May 24, 2008
On May 3, 1:51 am, Desmond wrote:

Desmond.

I am using PSE6 and I have a gradient tool. select an orange foreground and a white background. click and drag your cursor from the upper left to the lower right and release. To achieve a curve, try a radial gradient. Or try Filter>distort>twirl

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections