AL
Posted By
al_lewek
Jan 28, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Newbie here. have PS CS on XP pro Am using the circle marqee tool to make a rectangular photo into a cicle / oval photo. after defining the area, I select invert, then delete. The circular/ oval area of the photo now shows thru a black rectangle. How do I remove the black area around the cicle/oval photo? Thanks in advance al

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Margaret_McDowell
Jan 28, 2004
Magic eraser tool?
SF
Scott_Falkner
Jan 28, 2004
Set your background colour to white before deleting, or turn the selection into a mask. If you can’t, first double-click on the Background layer.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jan 28, 2004
Do you mean you are trying to create an oval document? You can’t. If you mean that you want an oval with a transparent background, there are various ways of doing this. If you have a single layer document, open the layers palette, double click on the layer and click ok. Then proceed as you did above.
JS
John_Slate
Jan 28, 2004
What are you going to do with this file?

If you are going to place it in another application and want just the oval to appear, the way to go depends on the application you will be using.

However if you want the oval in a white background you’re good to go with Scott’s first advice.
AL
al_lewek
Jan 28, 2004
Hi ! Scott – turning the BG color to white before deleting was the step I was missing. Now I can add OVAL & CIRCLE images to my wedding collages! Thanks to all who replied Have a GREAT DAY !!!
Al Lewek

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections