Posted By
mainsoft
Dec 18, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Hi,

I have just purchased and installed a copy of PS CS3 . I have registred and entered the serial number during installation. However, I don’t see any Help | Activate (or Deactivate) menu. Moreover, the main window title claims it is PS CS3 Extended.

What did I miss?

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Philippot
MainSoft Consulting Services
www.mainsoft.fr

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2007
where did you purchase it. check you disk/box see if it says "made in singapore"
M
mainsoft
Dec 18, 2007

[newsreader autoquote deleted by forum host]

I have purchased the box on Amazon UK. The vendor is HyperSolutions, based in UK. Yes, both DVs are labeled "made in singapore".

Cheers.

Patrick
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 18, 2007
First…please turn off the autoquote…your response was nearly impossible to find in that mess.

Most people access these forums via the web and don’t want to see long autoquotes jamming up the screen real estate.

Your copy of Photoshop is most likely an illegal bootleg.

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2007
there’s a few threads on this pat, sorry to say.

John Joslin, "Photoshop CS2 arrow keys don’t work" #1, 22 Aug 2007 6:51 am </webx?14/0>

and a longer running one:
<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bc40715/46>

windup is, there’s been a very high quality pirate version out that acts as you describe. 1st thing is to call adobe and verify that you have a pirate copy. if they say it is, call you credit card company and get the transaction held. ask the seller for a refund, alert amazon, possibly destroy that card and request a new one. no way to really tell if that particular seller is aware they’re selling bootlegs, or if they’ve been duped too, but imo, better safe than sorry.
M
mainsoft
Dec 18, 2007
Thanks Dave,

wrote:
windup is, there’s been a very high quality pirate version out that acts as you describe. 1st thing is to call adobe and verify that you have a pirate copy. if they say it is, call you credit card company and get the transaction held. ask the seller for a refund, alert amazon, possibly destroy that card and request a new one. no way to really tell if that particular seller is aware they’re selling bootlegs, or if they’ve been duped too, but imo, better safe than sorry.

I have already asked for a refund but I guess I should alert Amazon and Adobe immediately.

Cheers.

Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2007
i’d note your card. if the seller is indeed in on it, a pirate has your credit card info!
M
mainsoft
Dec 18, 2007
wrote:
i’d note your card. if the seller is indeed in on it, a pirate has your credit card info!

Normally, since the payment has been made through Amazon Payments, the vendor didn’t get this information.

Patrick
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 18, 2007
ah, good point. 🙂
M
mainsoft
Dec 19, 2007
I have purchased the box on Amazon UK. The vendor is HyperSolutions, based in UK. Yes, both DVs are labeled "made in singapore".

I got in touch with them. They offered to send a new Adobe certified package and they are currently checking their stock. They seem to be goodwilling people. Let’s see whether I eventually receive a legit copy of CS3.

Patrick
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2007
good deal patrick! i’m under the impression that many of the sellers are being duped as well, that’s how good the pirated version is. of course, i could just be too trusting. if it costs 600 bux from adobe, no one is going to be able to make anything selling it for 2 or 300.

but that’s part of it. by charging that much, they get by the people who say "50 dollars for photoshop?!! that’s pirated!" those same people look at 300 dollars (euros, pounds, etc <g>) and say "well, maybe it’s discounted…" the pirates are getting smarter every day.

well, good luck.

dave
M
mainsoft
Dec 19, 2007
wrote:
good deal patrick! i’m under the impression that
many of the sellers are being duped as well

Yes. We finally understood the whole story.

The vendor is based in Jersey (Channel Islands) and because of the special status of these islands they can sell at lower prices (no taxes). So they sell PS CS3 with a 40% discount approximately. Now comes the trick: a customer purchases a legitimate package at this price and receives a legal copy of PS. He then uses the money-back guarantee and returns the package but not the original one. He returns a counterfeit package that he got for about 80 USD (from here for example: https://secure.eurosoftmarket.com, which as the name doesn’t imply is a chinese site) . Then he can sell the legal copy at with reasonable profit on Amazon or eBay. And this is how the stock of the vendor becomes infected if they are not cautious enough.

Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
BL
Bob Levine
Dec 19, 2007
the pirates are getting smarter every day.

And richer. 🙁

Bob
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2007
wow! great digging! you should report your findings to , i know from others that they’re interested in this specific case. i wonder if the seller would be willing to work with them as well?

fantastic sleuthing man!
M
mainsoft
Dec 19, 2007
wrote:
wow! great digging! you should report your findings to
, i know from others that they’re interested in this
specific case. i wonder if the seller would be willing to work with them as well?

As far as I know, the vendor is already working with an Adobe representative. They are trying to determine who has returned a counterfeit copy instead of the original one.

Patrick Philippot
www.mainsoft.fr
DM
dave_milbut
Dec 19, 2007
<golf clap for patrick>

I salute you! 🙂

good luck,
dave
DM
Don_McCahill
Dec 19, 2007
the pirates are getting smarter every day.

Not that smart if they put made in Singapore on the CDs instead of whatever is on the legit ones. Don’t tell me that Singapore is more stringent about people mislabeling the country of manufacture than they are about copyright issues.
MD
Michael_D_Sullivan
Dec 20, 2007
One of the hosts might want to delete the URL of the pirate site from post #11.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections