Memory could not be allocated for the activation process.

P
Posted By
peterpan0307
Jun 20, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
After insatll photoshopCS, I got this error message.
I click the "OK" button and the program terminated.

I just format and reinstall my windows yesterday and I have 20G free spae on the partition.

Please help.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 20, 2004
Search the forum and you will see that this question comes up quite regularly but, as far as I know, nobody seems to have resolved it as yet. But then, you never know, maybe somebody will be able to help. By the way, you should give more details of your system specs.
P
peterpan0307
Jun 20, 2004
system specs:
Window XP SP1
AMD 1G
256MB RAM
Geforce2 MX
80G harddisk. 20G freepsace on the photoshop partition
MM
Mac_McDougald
Jun 20, 2004
"Memory could not be allocated for the activation process"

brings up NO hits in Adobe KB.

"Memory could not be allocated"

brings up a few that don’t relate.

You’d think this would be a known issue by now?

M
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 20, 2004
It’s definitely an issue. There have been several posts here but I haven’t seen anybody post back saying that any of the suggestions resolved it. I’ve not seen any posts from Adobe personnel either. I’d guess something to do with too little RAM here but I don’t know if that is universal.
P
peterpan0307
Jun 20, 2004
my friend has lesser RAM and slower CPU speed than me. But he runs the program well. his CPU is intel ceron 500
196MB RAM
the OS is Windows 2003
P
peterpan0307
Jun 20, 2004
I have run msconfig and disabled all startup program. After reboot I have penty of memory left, but the problem still exist.
MM
Mick_Murphy
Jun 20, 2004
That seems to suggest that it is not memory but then again?? You may have to contact Adobe support because, as I said above, I haven’t seen a solution to this problem posted here. If you do sort it out, please post back the solution.
DM
dave_milbut
Jun 21, 2004
wasn’t there something about the ability to write to the temp directory? empty out the temp folder and make sure you have full access (are you an administrator?) maybe there’s a read only file or 2 in there… i’m thinking of the ~ed243524.tmp or whatever that file is.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections