DS
Posted By
Dick Snyder
Dec 10, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I put up a post a week or so ago looking for training materials for PE. In the course of doing this research I came upon something called Classroom in a Book. This is put out by another company which seems to be partnered with Adobe. Has anyone tried this product for any version of PE?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

H
hank
Dec 11, 2007
On Dec 10, 3:37 pm, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:
I put up a post a week or so ago looking for training materials for PE. In the course of doing this research I came upon something called Classroom in a Book. This is put out by another company which seems to be partnered with Adobe. Has anyone tried this product for any version of PE?

Hi Dick:
I bought the book and it worked just fine for me. It also has the CD on the back cover with all the images on it. I had no idea of what to do other than opening the program. I have PSE 5 and so that was what got me started. It is very,very basic.

I have found two other Forums that have been very helpfull for me, and everyone there are friendly and helpfull and eager to answer all your questions,and they have a lot of tutorials and contest you can participate in. 1) www.photoshopcreativeelements.com 2) www.villageelements.com. Hope this helps.

Hank
A
Alan
Dec 11, 2007
| I have found two other Forums that have been very helpfull for me,
| and everyone there are friendly and helpfull and eager to answer all
| your questions,and they have a lot of tutorials and
contest you can
| participate in. 1) www.photoshopcreativeelements.com 2) www.villageelements.com.
| Hope this helps.
|
| Hank
Your second link doesn’t work…. Server not found.
Alan
DS
Dick Snyder
Dec 11, 2007
"hank" wrote in message
wrote:
I put up a post a week or so ago looking for training materials for PE. In
the course of doing this research I came upon something called Classroom in
a Book. This is put out by another company which seems to be partnered with
Adobe. Has anyone tried this product for any version of PE?

Hi Dick:
I bought the book and it worked just fine for me. It also has the CD on the back cover with all the images on it. I had no idea of what to do other than opening the program. I have PSE 5 and so that was what got me started. It is very,very basic.

I have found two other Forums that have been very helpfull for me, and everyone there are friendly and helpfull and eager to answer all your questions,and they have a lot of tutorials and contest you can participate in. 1) www.photoshopcreativeelements.com 2) www.villageelements.com.
Hope this helps.

Hank

Thanks for the opinion on the book as well as the links. I read that the second one didn’t work so I will wait for you to repost it
D
DotCom
Dec 11, 2007
http://www.elementsvillage.com/forums/

dotcom

"Dick Snyder" wrote in message
"hank" wrote in message
wrote:

Hi Dick:

I have found two other Forums that have been very helpfull for me, and everyone there are friendly and helpfull and eager to answer all your questions,and they have a lot of tutorials and contest you can participate in. 1) www.photoshopcreativeelements.com 2) www.villageelements.com.
Hope this helps.

Hank

Thanks for the opinion on the book as well as the links. I read that the second one didn’t work so I will wait for you to repost it
H
hank
Dec 13, 2007
wrote:

Sorry about the second URL I did a typo. it is elementsvillage.com/ forums. This is now a standalone news group that was part of adobe. ( photoshopelementsuser.com). However due to management cost, they will be closing that site sometime early next year.

BTW, another book I use PSE 5 "The Missing Manual" by Barbara Brundage. Agian, I am sorry to send you on a wild goose
chase…….Hank
DS
Dick Snyder
Dec 13, 2007
"hank" wrote in message
wrote:

Sorry about the second URL I did a typo. it is elementsvillage.com/ forums. This is now a standalone news group that was part of adobe. ( photoshopelementsuser.com). However due to management cost, they will be closing that site sometime early next year.

BTW, another book I use PSE 5 "The Missing Manual" by Barbara Brundage. Agian, I am sorry to send you on a wild goose
chase…….Hank

I have been checking out various books in our libary system in order to decide which book(s) I want to buy. We don’t have the Missing Manual. Can you give me a very brief idea of what is in there? Is it directed at beginners or …………?

TIA
H
hank
Dec 14, 2007
On Dec 13, 5:55 am, "Dick Snyder"
wrote:
"hank" wrote in message

wrote:

chase…….Hank

I have been checking out various books in our libary system in order to decide which book(s) I want to buy. We don’t have the Missing Manual. Can you give me a very brief idea of what is in there? Is it directed at beginners or …………?

TIA- Hide quoted text –

– Show quoted text –

Good Norning: Missing Manual ,I would say, goes from beginnner up to intermediate. It takes you through all the tools and their effects. I use it as a reference book more than a read book. It has helped me out quite a bit once I began to understand how different things worked.

What I am doing is getting out some photos, or getting some from iStock, and just playing around with them,using different tutorials, trying some of the challenges in the forums, asking questions. There are so many ways of doing different steps to get the same results. Selections are very hard for me, and the Manual explains what each selection tool is used for and why.However I have found using one selection tool to start the selection, and use another for finishing my selection works well for me.

You might try Amazon. They are having a sale on a lot of stuff right now. I sometimes go to a major book retailer, get a cup of coffee, find a easy chair and brouse through the book before buying.

Hank

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections