Posted By
Nancy S
Aug 3, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Cory,

Several good books have been mentioned on this forum. I can only recommend that which I have purchased.

"50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques" by Gregory Georges

and for later on in your learning curve…

"The Hidden Power of Photoshop Elements 2" by Richard Lynch.

Other folks will probably add to this short list with their suggestions. You might want to spend a little time at a large bookstore and peek through a few before buying one of the suggestions from this forum and see which ‘presentation’ works best for you. (though you’d probably pay less money at Amazon)

Nancy

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

CS
carl sutherland
Aug 3, 2003
If you explore, there are many threads on this. I have been using the "Visually" books lately and I think the one on PE 2 is good for coming at learning PE 2 from another angle than the 50 Fast book which is project oriented.

Carl
CM
Cory McNutt
Aug 3, 2003
Thanks for the suggestions…I did try to "explore" before posting, but when I searched for Books on PE 2, it gave me nothing…I’ll try again.

Cory
R
Ray
Aug 3, 2003
Cory, welcome to this group, and especially to Photoshop Elements. You’ll have fun with it, I’m sure!
Ray
JH
Joe Henry1000
Aug 3, 2003
Cory,

My favorite is Georges "50 Fast Digital Photo Techniques < http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0764535781/qid%3D1059 875226/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-8643553-879343750>" book already recommended by Nancy. It walks you through 50 specific techniques that you’ll end up using daily with PSE. I learned more about using PSE in two weeks by reading through and doing the tutorials, then I had in playing/experimenting with PSE on my own for 6 months. Seriously, it’s that good IMO. And, as you learn the techniques, you can apply the same concepts to other tasks you’ll be confronted with.

I really like the book and it’s only $17.95 at Amazon.

Joe
CS
Chuck Snyder
Aug 3, 2003
My favorite continues to be ‘Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions’, by Mikkel Aaland; I’m still using it after more than a year with the program!

Chuck
JC
Jane Carter
Aug 3, 2003
I agree! I have learned more here than from all my books, and I print out a lot of info here, and insert them into my books in the proper chapters.
Double information!
And a hearty thanks to everybody here.
Jane
RH
Richard Hirschman
Aug 4, 2003
Hi Cory,
I learned to use PE2 by reading, "Photoshop Elements 2 Solutions," by Mikkel Aaland. Fabulous book by a professional photographer – lots of tips and tricks by him and by many other photographers he cites. He gives step by step directions plus the ideas behind them. Also I looked for a book that had a cd with all the photos used in the book – made it easier for me to learn what is described in the book. This one has it. (I have no connection with the author or publisher.)
Richard Hirschman

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections