J
Posted By
Jack
Jan 13, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does anyone know of a way to convert all your element’s tags (which are NOT stored in the individual image files) into keyword metadata that is stored in the actual image file?

For example, Adobe Bridge has a similar tagging feature, but it uses the keywords found in the file’s metadata. Adobe Bridge does not recognize Adobe Element’s tags since the Elements tags are stored separate from the image files. It would be nice to open Adobe Bridge and be able to view the tags I assigned to images within Elements.

Does anyone know of a tool which would take the tags assigned to an image in Elements and convert them into keyword metadata so Adobe Bridge can view the same tags?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

WN
Walt Novinger
Jan 15, 2007
Jack wrote:
Does anyone know of a way to convert all your element’s tags (which are NOT stored in the individual image files) into keyword metadata that is stored in the actual image file?

For example, Adobe Bridge has a similar tagging feature, but it uses the keywords found in the file’s metadata. Adobe Bridge does not recognize Adobe Element’s tags since the Elements tags are stored separate from the image files. It would be nice to open Adobe Bridge and be able to view the tags I assigned to images within Elements.
Does anyone know of a tool which would take the tags assigned to an image in Elements and convert them into keyword metadata so Adobe Bridge can view the same tags?
Funny you should ask…I am doing this for about 2500 of my latest pictures in PSE5. Go to Files/Write keywords to files… and it will write the metadata to the currently selected files. There are some types of files it won’t write to, but it does the common ones (TIFF, JPG, etc.). Claims to do RAW, but I wouldn’t let it do mine!

Don’t know if this was available pre-PSE5, but it would be a good reason to update, methinks.

HTH,
Walt

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections