D
Posted By
Des
Dec 4, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 4, 2007
"Des" wrote in message
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.
Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image. You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier way)
You should now have two thumbnails on this layer, the small image and a white mask thumbnail.
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard. With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller image with black with a soft brush.
Painting on the mask with black will allow the underlying layer to show through. If you make a mistake, hit X on the keyboard to reverse your colours and then paint with white.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer masks.

TWK
D
Des
Dec 4, 2007
On 4 Dec, 20:39, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"Des" wrote in message

news:> can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but
this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image. You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier way)
You should now have two thumbnails on this layer, the small image and a white mask thumbnail.
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard. With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller image with black with a soft brush.
Painting on the mask with black will allow the underlying layer to show through. If you make a mistake, hit X on the keyboard to reverse your colours and then paint with white.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer masks.

TWK

Great. Thanks for that. Just takes a little practise
Thanks again

Desmond
TK
Toobi-Won Kenobi
Dec 4, 2007
"Des" wrote in message
On 4 Dec, 20:39, "Toobi-Won Kenobi" <Toobi-won > wrote:
"Des" wrote in message

news:>
can anyone help out here. I have played with photoshop 7 a lot but
this is a bit tricky for me. I have a picture 7×5 inches and I cant to insert a small image about 1 tenth of that but I want it to sort of poke through with blured edges. I have set up the 2 layes but thats as far as i have got.

Desmond.

Open your 7 x 5 image
Open the smaller image and drag the background layer into the 7 x 5 image.
You should now have an image with two layers, your 7 x 5 background and the
smaller image on its own layer.
With this layer active, go Layer>Layer mask>Reveal all (there is an easier
way)
Set your fore/background colours to black and white, hit D on the keyboard.
With the mask active/selected you then paint around the edge of your smaller
image with black with a soft brush.
For more info do a search for Photoshop tutorials on compositing and layer
masks.

TWK

Great. Thanks for that. Just takes a little practise
Thanks again

Desmond

You said it 😉

TWK

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections