TG
Posted By
terry_grainger
Jun 23, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am unable to open any images from the camera in Elements. They appear on Fujis software so I know the camera is connected properly but I get a message saying cant open. Do I need to download a plug-in or any other advise appreciated

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

GD
Grant_Dixon
Jun 23, 2004
Hang on Terri as Leen should be able to answer this as he uses a S2. Right now he is probably in the middle of a European work day but will be on once he gets home.

Grant
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 23, 2004
Terry, you have to use the fuji raw converter software that came with your camera..pe2 does not open raw images.
JF
Jodi_Frye
Jun 23, 2004
….without the plug in …i think there is a plug in…anyone ? I use my fuji raw converter for my S5000.
J
jhjl1
Jun 23, 2004
The original ACR plugin works in Elements. You can occasionally find it on E-Bay.

Have A Nice Day, 🙂
James Hutchinson
http://www.pbase.com/myeyesview
http://www.myeyesviewstudio.com/
wrote in message
…without the plug in …i think there is a plug in…anyone ? I use
my fuji raw converter for my S5000.
LK
Leen_Koper
Jun 23, 2004
I’m back homefor dinner and will return to the studio as soon as possible to continue working, although our national soccer team has to fight for the last chance to reach the quarterfinals of the European Championships. 😉
I will have to "watch" this game on the radio. ;-(

Fortunately our favourite "substitute" (you don’t want to know about the nation wide fuzz caused by the obviously wrong substitution by the coach of our soccer team) has answered the question allready.

The Fuji software does a much better job than the ACR plug in. However, the CS converter seems to produce better results than the Fuji hyper utility software.

Leen
TG
terry_grainger
Jun 24, 2004
Thanks all-Looks like I need to upgrade Photoshop to CS abd OS to XP. Always something more they don’t tell you when you buy the camera. Fortunately in this case both upgrades are overdue.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections