K
Posted By
kalvin
Apr 25, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can any photoshop gurus help me with this?

I would like to place coloured borders around my designs i am making for some t-shirts. They are retro 70’s pieces. The borders need to have a rounded corner on them, im not sure how to accomplish the look.

thanks!

Nick 🙂

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

MB
Mrs Beeble Brock
Apr 25, 2004
Use your marquee selection tool with a feather of around 20 pixels depending on the size of your image. When you’ve made your round-cornered rectangle, go Edit then select Stroke. Pick your flavour of width, colour, etc etc.

kalvin wrote:

I would like to place coloured borders around my designs i am making for some t-shirts. They are retro 70’s pieces. The borders need to have a rounded corner on them, im not sure how to accomplish the look.
thanks!

Nick 🙂

N
nomail
Apr 25, 2004
Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

kalvin wrote:

Use your marquee selection tool with a feather of around 20 pixels depending on the size of your image. When you’ve made your round-cornered rectangle, go Edit then select Stroke. Pick your flavour of width, colour, etc etc.

That is not the correct method, because that will not only round off the corners, but also create a very feathered and faint border. That is probably not what the OP wants. An easier way is this: Increase the canvas size just a little, so that you can select the entire image without selecting the edges of the canvas. Don’t feather the selection. Go to Select – Modify – Smooth and use 15 pixels or more (depending on the size of the image). That will round off the corners of your selection without introducing any feathering at all. Now you can use Stroke to make a border around the selection.

Johan W. Elzenga johan<<at>>johanfoto.nl Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/
O
Odysseus
Apr 26, 2004
In article <1gcsqsp.1n9erhxqjv5b6N%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

That is not the correct method, because that will not only round off the corners, but also create a very feathered and faint border. That is probably not what the OP wants. An easier way is this: Increase the canvas size just a little, so that you can select the entire image without selecting the edges of the canvas. Don’t feather the selection. Go to Select – Modify – Smooth and use 15 pixels or more (depending on the size of the image). That will round off the corners of your selection without introducing any feathering at all. Now you can use Stroke to make a border around the selection.

Another technique, that shouldn’t require resizing the canvas, is to start with a rectangular selection smaller than you want the frame to be, then Expand Selection to the desired size before painting it.

Odysseus
W
wnor
Apr 27, 2004
Of course there is alway the rounded rectangle shape tool. Use the path icon (middle one on the left side of options bar) to draw a rectangle, right click and stroke. Ends up like previous method.

Odysseus …
In article <1gcsqsp.1n9erhxqjv5b6N%>,
(Johan W. Elzenga) wrote:

Mrs Beeble Brock wrote:

Another technique, that shouldn’t require resizing the canvas, is to start with a rectangular selection smaller than you want the frame to be, then Expand Selection to the desired size before painting it.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections