Phil_Stradling
Aug 21, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Will not print border on paper although it shows in print preview

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

WE
Wendy_E_Williams
Aug 21, 2004
Phil,

How did you create your boarder? and what printer are you using.

I don’t do too much printing but hopefully someone who does will be along soon.

Wendy
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Phil,

Are you creating your border in PSE? This would be the way to go.
PS
Phil_Stradling
Aug 21, 2004
Nancy Yes, I’m in print preview, following the commands, the border shows on the screen. I click OK. Put it does not print on the paper when it comes out of the printer. thanks, Phil
NS
Nancy_S
Aug 21, 2004
Phil,

I meant creating it in PSE with the image open on your workarea. One way of many to create a border is;

* have Layers Palette open at side of workarea (it should always be permanently displayed on the side, you need to reference it constantly)
* go to Image Resize>Canvas Size
* increase the dimensions of your canvas to make room for the border width you desire * create a new blank layer in the palette above existing stuff * in Palette, Ctrl/J on background layer to select outline * you want to outline the transparent border, so Invert the selection * with the blank border surrounded by marching ants, and the blank layer highlited in palette, make sure the top color showing at bottom of Tool Box is black, press Alt/backspace. A black border will fill in.

Let us know if this works out for you.
PS
Phil_Stradling
Aug 21, 2004
Nancy, thanks for the info. I would still like to know when I go to print preview, it will not put a black border when i execute the command. The info you sent worked for me, but I prefer the simpler way.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections