H
Posted By
HP
Feb 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
How do I turn off the "Photo Downloader".
This thing pops up every time I put a CD or anything with pictures on it in my computer.
I hate for things to work ‘automatically’. I only want them to work when I tell them to.
Anyway, can anyone tell me how to turn this off?
Thanks.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

J
Jay
Feb 24, 2006
Select Edit, then Preferences, Camera and Card Reader,
Uncheck "Use Adobe Photo Downloader…"

"HP" wrote in message
How do I turn off the "Photo Downloader".
This thing pops up every time I put a CD or anything with pictures on it in my computer.
I hate for things to work ‘automatically’. I only want them to work when I tell them to.
Thanks.

JH
John Hudson
Feb 26, 2006
"HP" wrote in message

I would love to know the answer to this too. I have Photoshop Elements 4 and a Canon E0S 350D camera. While I’m generally pleased with PSE, I’m infuriated that it won’t do as it’s told.

Under Edit | Preferences | Camera or Card Reader, I have removed the tick from "Use Adobe Photo Downloader to get photos from Camera or Card Reader". I have also tried changing the device in the Camera or Card Reader tab – first to "Photoshop Elements" and then to a USB scanner that is switched off. Whatever I do, both Elements Organiser AND the downloader continue to pop up whenever I connect my camera.

After this I tried going into the registry, where I found a value of 1 (True) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop
Elements\4.0\Adobe Photo
Downloader\Preferences\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. When I reset this to 0 (False), as it should be, the value only seems to remain at False until I use the Preferences dialogue again, and has no effect on the startup behaviour.

There is also a registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop
Elements\4.0\Organizer\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. I have set this to 0 as well, but the application STILL pops up!

Has anybody any idea why this is happening? It is so annoying it’s almost enough to send me to a rival application.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.0.0, Core Version: 20050909.r.075 – as far as I can tell, the latest update.

Thanks in advance for any help.
SB
Sandy Birrell
Feb 26, 2006
John_Gateshead wrote:
"HP" wrote in message

I would love to know the answer to this too. I have Photoshop Elements 4 and a Canon E0S 350D camera. While I’m generally pleased with PSE, I’m infuriated that it won’t do as it’s told.

Under Edit | Preferences | Camera or Card Reader, I have removed the tick from "Use Adobe Photo Downloader to get photos from Camera or Card Reader". I have also tried changing the device in the Camera or Card Reader tab – first to "Photoshop Elements" and then to a USB scanner that is switched off. Whatever I do, both Elements Organiser AND the downloader continue to pop up whenever I connect my camera.

After this I tried going into the registry, where I found a value of 1 (True) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\4.0\Adobe Photo
Downloader\Preferences\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. When I reset this to 0 (False), as it should be, the value only seems to remain at False until I use the Preferences dialogue again, and has no effect on the startup behaviour.

There is also a registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Photoshop
Elements\4.0\Organizer\AutoLaunchOnDeviceConnect. I have set this to 0 as well, but the application STILL pops up!

Has anybody any idea why this is happening? It is so annoying it’s almost enough to send me to a rival application.

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 4.0.0.0, Core Version:
20050909.r.075 – as far as I can tell, the latest update.
Thanks in advance for any help.

If you have an icon in your system tray, right click on it and set it too ‘Disable’ and see if that works. There should be three settings ‘Enable/Disable’, ‘Launch’ and ‘Exit’, at least there is on mine 🙂

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

E-Mail:-
Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019
JH
John Hudson
Feb 26, 2006
Thanks for the reply, Sandy, but I’ve got no icon. I can remember seeing it in the past, but I think it went away when I first tried to deactivate the downloader.

John H
SB
Sandy Birrell
Feb 26, 2006
John_Gateshead wrote:
Thanks for the reply, Sandy, but I’ve got no icon. I can remember seeing it in the past, but I think it went away when I first tried to deactivate the downloader.

Something here might help.

http://digitalmedia.oreilly.com/pub/a/oreilly/digitalmedia/2 005/03/30/PE3forWindows.html

Don`t Worry, Be Happy

Sandy

E-Mail:-
Looking for a webhost? Try http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=2966019

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections