R
Posted By
Rick
Feb 22, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Can anyone give me information on making a collage…especiall one where the pictures might overlap one another.
I have worked for days trying to create a collage and have become frustrated and depressed to the point I am about to quit and throw in the towel. Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

R
Rick
Feb 22, 2006
Oh yea I am using Photo Shop Elements 4.0
"Me/PDX" wrote in message
Can anyone give me information on making a collage…especiall one where
the
pictures might overlap one another.
I have worked for days trying to create a collage and have become
frustrated
and depressed to the point I am about to quit and throw in the towel. Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!

TN
Tesco News
Feb 22, 2006
Can anyone give me information on making a collage…especiall one where the
I have worked for days trying to create a collage and have become frustrated
and depressed to the point I am about to quit and throw in the towel. Thanks for your consideration and assistance!!!
Hi

I don’t understand your problem.

Get all the pictures which are going to be parts of the collage to the same PPI. Make a new blank Image at that PPI figure, which will be large enough for your purposes.

Open all the pictures which you are going to use, then drag them from their own Windows onto the new Blank Image. Each one will be a layer on that image, and can be moved around on it as you want.

When you have finished just "Flatten" image and save it.

Roy G
R
Rick
Feb 23, 2006
Roy,
WHAT IS PIP????
Here (below) is how I am doing this and the problems I am having. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
1. I went to New and open a New Blank File 14" wide and 17" wide..Background Layer
2. Opened the BACKGROUND (colored paper) I want from a file in My Pictures (this is a piece of scrapbook paper I scanned and saved for my background around the photos)…now I have Layer 1 with blank page as Background
3. Opened the FIRST PICTURE (from a file in My Pictures) that I want to crop
or change in size or shape and add to my collage…now this picture becomes my Background and the colored paper BACKGROUND now moves to the Photo Bin……………but I want it (First Picture) to remain On Top of the colored paper BACKGROUND and then proceed to get other photos from files in My Documents and proceed to change them in size, shape or crop and make them part of my collage………………so I go and get a second picture from a file in My Pictures and when it opens….My colored paper Background and First Picture are now moved below into Photo Bin………………. Even when I DRAG the pictures into/onto my colored paper background all other pictures are moved into the Photo Bin
4. What am I doing wrong and what is the correct procedure?

Thanks for your assistance and consideration!!!

"Tesco News" wrote in message
Can anyone give me information on making a collage…especiall one where the
Hi

Get all the pictures which are going to be parts of the collage to the sam
e
PPI. Make a new blank Image at that PPI figure, which will be large enough for your purposes.

Open all the pictures which you are going to use, then drag them from
their
own Windows onto the new Blank Image. Each one will be a layer on that image, and can be moved around on it as you want.

Roy G

TN
Tesco News
Feb 23, 2006
Roy,
WHAT IS PIP????
Here (below) is how I am doing this and the problems I am having. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
1. I went to New and open a New Blank File 14" wide and 17" wide..Background
Layer
2. Opened the BACKGROUND (colored paper) I want from a file in My Pictures (this is a piece of scrapbook paper I scanned and saved for my background around the photos)…now I have Layer 1 with blank page as Background
3. Opened the FIRST PICTURE (from a file in My Pictures) that I want to
crop
or change in size or shape and add to my collage…now this picture becomes
my Background and the colored paper BACKGROUND now moves to the Photo Bin……………but I want it (First Picture) to remain On Top of the colored paper BACKGROUND and then proceed to get other photos from files in
My Documents and proceed to change them in size, shape or crop and make them
part of my collage………………so I go and get a second picture from a
file in My Pictures and when it opens….My colored paper Background and First Picture are now moved below into Photo Bin………………. Even when I DRAG the pictures into/onto my colored paper background all other pictures are moved into the Photo Bin

the
Hi.

First of all get all the pictures collected into a handy folder. Bits of pictures will need to be made into their own layer on the original picture.

Open your new Image. Do nothing about layers or anything else on it. Just leave it blank, in its own window, which should be smaller than your desktop, so that you have room to have another picture open alongside.

Open the first picture you are going to use, put your Mouse Pointer on the image (not the Window Frame), hold down the button and drag the image onto the New Blank One.

You will now have 2 layers on your new Picture. Do Nothing with the layers.

Drag all the rest of the images across onto the new one. On the ones with bits on layers, ensure the layer is active, (Blue title) and drag the BIT of the IMAGE across.

Arrange all the parts by making their layer active and moving them about with the mouse pointer. Then "Flatten" all layers when finished.

Roy G
AB
Andrew Bealing
Feb 25, 2006
Have you sorted this out yet or do you still need some help?

Let me know and I will try and explain it step by step.

Andrew

Roy,
WHAT IS PIP????
1. I went to New and open a New Blank File 14" wide and 17" wide..Background
Layer
3. Opened the FIRST PICTURE (from a file in My Pictures) that I want to
crop
or change in size or shape and add to my collage…now this picture becomes
my Background and the colored paper BACKGROUND now moves to the Photo Bin……………but I want it (First Picture) to remain On Top of the colored paper BACKGROUND and then proceed to get other photos from files in
My Documents and proceed to change them in size, shape or crop and make them
part of my collage………………so I go and get a second picture from a
file in My Pictures and when it opens….My colored paper Background and First Picture are now moved below into Photo Bin………………. Even when I DRAG the pictures into/onto my colored paper background all other pictures are moved into the Photo Bin

the
Hi

Get all the pictures which are going to be parts of the collage to the sam
e
PPI. Make a new blank Image at that PPI figure, which will be large enough for your purposes.

Open all the pictures which you are going to use, then drag them from
their
own Windows onto the new Blank Image. Each one will be a layer on that image, and can be moved around on it as you want.

Roy G

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections