Nov 3, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Any suggestions as to how I vignette a picture in Adobe Photoshop Elements
3.0?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

LD
Lydia Dustbin
Nov 3, 2005
"Bubba" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how I vignette a picture in Adobe Photoshop Elements
3.0?
For quick and easy (not elegant) just create a new layer, fill it with the top colour and make it a tiny bit opaque so you can see the layer under it. Then I use oval select and just cut it out and apply a gaussian blur to the edges. (or whatever shape you need)
Don’t forget to set top opacity back to 100% – I always do.

That’s one way, anyway. 8)

LdB
LD
Lydia Dustbin
Nov 3, 2005
"Lydia Dustbin" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
"Bubba" wrote in message
Any suggestions as to how I vignette a picture in Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0?
For quick and easy (not elegant) just create a new layer, fill it with the top colour and make it a tiny bit opaque so you can see the layer under it.
Then I use oval select and just cut it out and apply a gaussian blur to the edges. (or whatever shape you need)
Don’t forget to set top opacity back to 100% – I always do.
That’s one way, anyway. 8)
Drat! I forgot to add, that once the basic blurred hole is in place the layer can be tweaked and stretched or shrink to your own liking. Any unfilled edges can just be flood-filled – and you can have fun with filters as well. 8)

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections