Cranky vignette effect frame: difficult to control feather effect…

GB
Posted By
Greg_Barron
Dec 13, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I’m occasionaly finding problems getting the vignette frame fucntion to work well. Sometimes I consistently get white feathering that remains transparent at the outer edges — no matter what I do. I can tell when this is going to happen because my rectangular marquee will have inappropriately pronounced rounded corners. I discovered, by trial and error, that if I reverted then made sure the pixel setting was at 1 px tin the "Feather" field above the iamge area, I could get the vignette frame to work — although with little feathering. Once I do this, I can only then, change the feather pixel number up to control the vignette featering. I may go back later and find that I’m starting all over — that the feathering effect remains tranparent at the out edges again, requiring I repaeat the process described. I have a feeling I missing something — or there is something buggy.

Can you explain, or help me understand what’s happening?

Thanks!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections