R
Posted By
rdoc2
Sep 17, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am trying to put a vignette affect around the picture of a cat on a green background. I am using the elliptical marquee selection tool and make my selection. I am feathering that 10 pixels. Next I am inverting the selection than deleting the area that is now selected. I am putting a new layer under the remaining layer of the cat and this is the only layer there so I now have two layers. I am filing this layer with white. Now I print what I have. Now here is the problem: the feathered edge is showing pixels or it looks transparent (dots) as well as feathered. I have dropped the feather down to as low as 2 pixels and I still have the same problem. How do I avoid this or correct it.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

J
jaSPAMc
Sep 17, 2009
RDOC found these unused words:

I am trying to put a vignette affect around the picture of a cat on a green background. I am using the elliptical marquee selection tool and make my selection. I am feathering that 10 pixels. Next I am inverting the selection than deleting the area that is now selected. I am putting a new layer under the remaining layer of the cat and this is the only layer there so I now have two layers. I am filing this layer with white. Now I print what I have. Now here is the problem: the feathered edge is showing pixels or it looks transparent (dots) as well as feathered. I have dropped the feather down to as low as 2 pixels and I still have the same problem. How do I avoid this or correct it.

Feathering is nothing more than image to transparent transition.

It sounds as if you have a very low resolution image if your are expecting 10 pixels of feather to give a smooth transition.
S
Sam
Oct 7, 2009
"RDOC" wrote in message

Dont know what PS version you’re working on, but on my CS3 installation, there’s a dedicated tool for doing vignette’s
Look under Filters>Distort>Lens correction
You should see a slider there that introduces either a black or a white vignete, depending on which direction you move it.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections