SF
Posted By
stephen_frank
May 30, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have photoshop elements 2.0 and it wil not open RAW images that I have taken w/ my Canon DSLR 300D. My camera stores in ###.CRW file format. help

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Elements version 2 doesn’t support RAW files. That was one of the biggest motivations for people to move up to PSE 3.0.
SF
stephen_frank
May 30, 2005
will pse 3 recognize shots taken w/ my 300d w/ the extension .crw
BH
Beth_Haney
May 30, 2005
Here’s the link to the list of supported cameras, and the 300D is on it. ACR 3.0 is compatible with both Elements 3.0 and PS CS2, but it will not work in the "original" PS CS. I tossed in the explanation so it doesn’t confuse you. The link doesn’t say anything about it working in PSE 3.0, but it does. If I remember right, it is not included in PSE 3.0 so has to be downloaded and installed in the plugins folder.

<http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/cameraraw.html>
BB
Barbara_Brundage
May 30, 2005
If you don’t want to upgrade, you may be able to find a plug-in for your camera for PE 2. for instance, I have a Minolta, and in PE 2 I use Dalibor’s MRW plug-in for Minolta RAW. I would presume there’s something similar available for you if you search around.
BW
Billy_Williamson
May 30, 2005
Hello Stephen,

I also have a 300D and PSE-2 which came bundled with my camera.

I often use RAW but get round the matter by downloading my pictures with File Viewer Utility which is on the Canon disc and then post processing and converting them to JPEG with Rawshooter which is a very nice programme available for download free at this link:

<http://www.dpnow.com/1831.html>

I’m sticking with PSE-2 for the time-being mainly because I’m used to it.

Regards, David

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections