even if I see the picture in the Browser will all its data

I deleted pref, repair permissions etc…

Using a Dual Processor PowerMac 533
with 10,4,1

Lots of memory (1,25)

I had the same with Photoshop 7,0,1

exactly the same message

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

G
Gilles9999
May 24, 2005
For more clarification

It is happening when I am connected to the internet (highspeed ethernet)

If I disconnect the problem disappears

Mac Os X 10,4,1
BH
Beth_Haney
May 24, 2005
I can’t think of any reason why an internet connection should cause this, but, just for sport… How are your Preferences set for Adobe Online? Do you have it set so that it connects to the internet to check for updates each time the app is launched? If so, go into Preferences>AdobeOnline and set the frequency to Never.

This is just a shot in the dark, but everybody gets lucky sometimes. 🙂

Oh, and do you either run your machine 24/7 or use an app like MacJanitor or Onyx to run the CRON scripts if the machine is turned off or asleep in the wee hours of the morning?
G
Gilles9999
May 24, 2005
I fixed the problem by re-installing Tiger 10,4

I am nervous about applying version 10.4.1 as it may be the problem because I hadn’t touch PS7 or PS Element 3 since upgrading to 10,4,1

I can’t find what you call Adobe on line in PS Element 3 but in PS 7 it is set at "weekly"

I also use Cocktail every week for permissions, and cron scripts

Most likely, something got corrupted

Thanks

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections