"Could not complete your request because of a program error" immediately after launching C

JL
Posted By
John_Levine_IOPHFI
Nov 30, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I get this message a few seconds after opening PSCS2. I did a search, and found the post about bad EXIF info, but this happens without me doing anything. I have trashed prefs, and applied all the latest updates, to no avail. When I click "OK" in the dialogue box, it goes away for a few seconds, then pops up again. Click "OK" and it’s gone, then pops up again. This goes on and on. I can open a file, do some work, and I get this error, and keep clicking to make it go away, then save the file, get the error, click "OK" and quit. Upon reopening the file, I get the error, but all of my changes have been saved from the previous session. TIA for any help with this, and I apologize if I missed the fix for tgis in my search.

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
Does this happen in a new user?

if not, next thing I would do is run fsck -fy in single user mode or Disk Warrior.

If that does not work an Archive and Install is in order.
JL
John_Levine_IOPHFI
Nov 30, 2006
Excuse my ignorance, Buko. fsck -fy? (DW I know, and single user, but I am the only user on this machine. I guess I’ll create a new user first, and see what happens.

I’d really hate for IT to have to rebuild this HD. It was done about 3 months ago, from the ground up! (Complete reformat, and fresh installs of everything…)

Thanks.
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
Excuse my ignorance, Buko. fsck -fy?

when you start up the computer hold down command +S and you get a black screen with writing this is single user mode.

at the prompt type fsck -fy and hit return.

when its done its thing there will be another prompt type reboot and hit return.

fsck -fy is file system check – force yes.

if you have journaling on, you need to force the check. This is the same as running the disk utility from the OSX install DVD.
JL
John_Levine_IOPHFI
Nov 30, 2006
Cross-edit. Thanks for the info…
B
Buko
Nov 30, 2006
You are welcome.
Well, I ran fsck in SU mode yesterday, then created a new user and fired up PS. All went well, so I logged back into my account, repaired permissions (just for the hell of it) and everythings been fine since, so I’m guessing that fsck did the trick. Thanks again, Buko!
DM
diane_miller
Jan 2, 2007
I have having the same trouble, with the "Could not complete your request because of a program error" message repeatedly showing up.

I have run Disk Warrior and Cocktail

Tried a new user

And still it is happening.

OSX 10.4.8
PhotoShop 9.0.2
DM
diane_miller
Jan 4, 2007
Well, yesterday I re-installed Creative Suite and PS was working beautifully.

However, today I restarted and the messages are back.

Any ideas?
B
Buko
Jan 4, 2007
I would guess you have a problem with the OS.

Next step would be an Archive and Install of the OS.
DM
diane_miller
Jan 4, 2007
I was afraid you were going to say that.
I’ll let you know if that works.

-thanks!
DM
diane_miller
Jan 8, 2007
well… I wiped the hard drive clean and started over.

so far it’s working just fine.
thanx!

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections