Error: "Could not complete your request because of a program error" (photoshop CS2 9.

B
Posted By
Buko
Jan 27, 2009
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Does everything work when you make a new user?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

BT
Bill_T_Costello
Jan 27, 2009
Buko,
what do you mean by make a new user? Do you mean create a new user account on the computer?
R
Ram
Jan 27, 2009
Do you mean create a new user account on the computer?

Yes. It’s a basic troubleshooting step.
BT
Bill_T_Costello
Feb 2, 2009
Thanks for the response. OK… This is the first day I have been able to get back to the problem.

My system I am running Photoshop on is a Power Mac G4, AGP Graphics ATY Rage 128Pro chip set 16MB VRAM LCD 1280×1024 32-bit color, 500MHz, 1.75GB of memory, 1 MB L2 Cache, 100 MHz Bus Speed. I had installed the latest security update and repaired the permissions the day the problem started.

Now to day I started the system and went in and created a Guest Account. I logged into the guest account and started Photoshop. Low and behold it worked just fine. So I logged out of guest and logged into my main user account And started Photoshop. Wouldn’t you know it…. It works just fine. I can open any file I want with now problems.

I got to thinking after I had done all of this that I wished I had tried to open a file in Photoshop today prior to creating the guest account to see if it still had the problem in my main user account.

I did not change anything else on the system and all seems to work fine now. So at his point I am really not sure what the problem was.

Again thanks for taking the time to respond to this issue.
R
Ram
Feb 3, 2009
Glad you solved your problem, Bill. 🙂

Trying a fresh new account sometimes clears the problems in all accounts. Computer voodoo indeed, but always welcome. That’s why it’s always worth trying, it certainly can’t hurt.

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections