S
Posted By
sten38
Apr 30, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
When I have opened a new canvas in version 6 I get the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." when I click anywhere in the new canvas. After that I can´t do anything but get the error message again. Have to close down and reopen so I can do other work wit images.
I´m using Win98SE and this problem suddenly show up. Idea?

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

E
edjh
May 1, 2004
Sten Angskog wrote:

When I have opened a new canvas in version 6 I get the message "Could not complete your request because of a program error." when I click anywhere in the new canvas. After that I can´t do anything but get the error message again. Have to close down and reopen so I can do other work wit images.

When Photoshop acts weird always consider resetting preferences. But what tool are you clicking with? What color mode is the file, etc.? Maybe you are inadvertently "asking" Photoshop to do something it can’t do?

Comic book sketches and artwork:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/edjh.html
Comics art for sale:
http://www.sover.net/~hannigan/batsale.html
S
sten38
May 2, 2004
edjh …
Sten Angskog wrote:

When Photoshop acts weird always consider resetting preferences. But what tool are you clicking with? What color mode is the file, etc.? Maybe you are inadvertently "asking" Photoshop to do something it can’t do?

It happen when using Move Tool and the color mode is RGB 8bit Would really like to get rid of this problem.
S
sten38
May 4, 2004
(Sten Angskog) wrote in message news:…
edjh …
Sten Angskog wrote:

It happen when using Move Tool and the color mode is RGB 8bit Would really like to get rid of this problem.

1. I have uninstalled Photoshop 6.0
2. Reinstalled Win98SE on top of old win98SE
3. Installed Photoshop 6.0
4. Open Photoshop 6.0 and deleted prefs. (Shift +Ctrl +Alt)
5. Open a new canvas in PS6.0
6. Choose Move Tool and click in new canvas
7. Result: Could not complete your request because of a program error

How to get rid of this problem.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections