CA
Posted By
Clint_Anderson
May 21, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I am operating a Mac OSX 1.2. I store my photos in i-photo. I have recently scanned a bunch of older 4"x 6" photos onto my i-photo program. I now want to drag many of them on to my desk top, open them in PSE2, and touch them up a little such as color correction, focus, etc. So far…No Problem…Next, I would like to resize them all to 2"x 3" dimension so that they will fit better on some sheets I am putting together. That is where the problem lies. I have read the PSE2 manual and checked the tutorial in the PSE2 "help" area. For some reason, I have been unable to save the photos in the 2×3 size. When I follow all the steps, they return to the 4×6 size. Could someone please give me the "dummy" version of how to accomplish this seemingly simple procedure? I am obviously missing something and I have about 50 photos to re-size…Many thanks for your suggestions…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

TM
Tom Murray 1
May 21, 2005
I can’t say about PSE 2 but 4×6 and 2×3 are the same proportional relationship.
WE
Wendy_E_Williams
May 21, 2005
Clint,

As Tom said they are the same proportional relationship … so doubling the resolution will make them 2 X 3.

Just wondered why you want to cheange them?

Wendy
CS
Cliff_Skidmore
May 22, 2005
Clint, I think what you are saying is that you want to
print them at 2 x 3.

If you can’t get resize to work?, try the crop tool set at 2 x 3.

Cliff
BB
brent bertram
May 22, 2005
Clint ,
With 50 images to modify, try the File > Batch Processing route . Copy the original images to a "source" folder, and create an empty "destination" folder. Then work with the batch processing dialogue to get your smaller images . It’ll be good training , and you’ll probably learn some valuable lessons <G> without too much pain.

🙂

Brent

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections