SL
Posted By
Sitara Lal
May 14, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Looking at some photos on an LCD monitor (CMYK mode), I can see lots of shadow detail, midtones come out well and the image is quite pleasing. When the same image is printed on a color laser printer (Konica Magicolor 2400W), the image is much darker – shadow detail is gone and the midtones are all very dark.

This does not seem to happen with RGB images though.

What am I doing wrong or how does one resolve this?

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

JM
Joseph Meehan
May 14, 2005
Sitara Lal wrote:
Looking at some photos on an LCD monitor (CMYK mode), I can see lots of shadow detail, midtones come out well and the image is quite pleasing. When the same image is printed on a color laser printer

non-commercial laser printers, including color ones, just don’t offer the quality results you can see on a monitor or a good color graphic printer, even a cheap inkjet.

(Konica Magicolor 2400W), the image is much darker – shadow detail is gone and the midtones are all very dark.

This does not seem to happen with RGB images though.

What am I doing wrong or how does one resolve this?

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit
SL
Sitara Lal
May 14, 2005
That may well be, but it still does not explain why the same image appears fine in the laser when it is in RGB mode, but as soon as the image is converted to CMYK, it appears much darker on the color laser printout.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

non-commercial laser printers, including color ones, just don’t offer the quality results you can see on a monitor or a good color graphic printer, even a cheap inkjet.
JM
Joseph Meehan
May 15, 2005
Sitara Lal wrote:
That may well be, but it still does not explain why the same image appears fine in the laser when it is in RGB mode, but as soon as the image is converted to CMYK, it appears much darker on the color laser printout.

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message

I believe, but I don’t remember for sure that most (all?) non-commercial color lasers are native RGB. It could be the conversion is not going well. I would guess that the conversion is done by the driver, so it might be possible that a new driver may help.

Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections