BD
Posted By
Bryan_Dixon
Apr 28, 2005
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have several photos of a full moon, and the exposure time was long enough for the moon to be slightly elongated.

What is the preferred method to make it round?

I tried liquify, and the result looked like the remnant of an intergalactic space-war battle.

I tried selecting the moon with the elliptical tool, and then using free transform to stretch out the pinched bit, and that really worked quite well, good enough anyway.

But is there a better way?

Thanks

Bryan

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

BG
Byron Gale
Apr 28, 2005
Bryan,

If you make a selection around your moon, you can then use the Free Transform tool…

Image > Transform > Free Transform.

This places handles on the selection marquee which can be dragged to distort the selected area. If you create any "holes" by making the selection smaller than it was, you will see the background color show through. You may be able to take care of these areas with the Clone stamp.

Just a thought…

Byron
BD
Bryan_Dixon
Apr 28, 2005
Well that’s what I did, it worked quite OK but I wondered if there was something better.

I used the control button too, so that I transformed only on the side and in the direction I wanted.

And I only stretched, I did not make any part smaller so I did not have the holes. But now that I think about it I have a slighty bigger moon than was real.

Bryan
BB
Barbara_Brundage
Apr 28, 2005
You could also go the other way and use the Pinch filter on the elongated axis of the oval to squish it back to a circle.
BD
Bryan_Dixon
Apr 28, 2005
OK thanks for the replies, and I take it that the transform is the way to go.

Bryan

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections