M
Posted By
mmtbb
Feb 3, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I need the rectangle marquee to stay a rectangle so I can know how far to move a layer over to match the others. However, when I make a selection, then try and move it, on some layers the marquee changes to ONLY surround the actual data within the selected rectangle. Now I have no reference point. Is there a way to keep the rectangular marquee a rectangle? Even my cheap’o knock-off paint programs don’t have this problem.

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

P
Phosphor
Feb 3, 2008
How about you keep your confab about this issue contained to one thread? Makes it easier for everyone to follow:

<http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c05fef4/3>
M
mmtbb
Feb 3, 2008
How about you give me the benefit of the doubt? I moved this question to a new thread because I realized it has NOTHING to do with my original post. If the subject line is supposed to be a summary of the topic of a post, my second question should not have been asked in in first thread. If someone was looking for an answer to this question, they would never think to look in my first post to find it.

Anyway, I’ll try to be more careful with posting multiple unrelated questions in a single thread.

Hopefully someone can answer this question for me.
P
Phosphor
Feb 3, 2008
Yeah, OK. Whatever.
RK
Ronald Keller
Feb 3, 2008
Use Tranform.

Ronald
M
mmtbb
Feb 5, 2008
Thanks
JM
J_Maloney
Feb 5, 2008
Or guides.

J

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections