KK
Posted By
Ken_Kovak
Sep 1, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Having just obtained a Canon 10D digital SLR, I was processing some images in Elements last night and tried to find how I can see the image "data" that the digital camera saves with the image. Info like shutter speed, exposure, f stop, etc., etc. I can see this information in Canons ZoomBrowser but it would be nice not to have to go back and forth between two programs. It was not obvious to me how to do this in PS Elements.

If anyone knows about this I’d appreciate the help.

Thanks
Ken Kovak

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

CW
Colin_Woodbridge
Sep 1, 2004
Ken….

If you use the Elements Browser…File > Browse. You’ll see the info at bottom left when you select an image.

Colin
BH
Beth_Haney
Sep 1, 2004
One way: Open the Browse feature of Elements, select an image, and scroll through the information given in the lower left portion of the Browser window. I think there’s another way, too, but I can’t remember what it is right now!
PA
Patti Anderson
Sep 1, 2004
File menu>File Info

You can add a bit of your own info going this route.

Patti
BH
Beth_Haney
Sep 1, 2004
Yeh! That’s it! Thanks, Patti. Except, Ken, Elements defaults to a screen where you can fill in info of your own, so you have to click the little arrow next to where it says "Section" and choose "EXIF".
SS
Susan_S.
Sep 1, 2004
You may well find, however that not all the information that the canon software can display will be visible in Elments – for example with my Canon camera, the ISO information is missing in Elements.

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections