JL
Posted By
johnleo_leo
Nov 7, 2006
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a similar problem specified in this thread as well as the thread on the "D200 metadata." I have CS2 (Bridge does not run- I’ve posted a thread under Bridge-Windows)with the latest upgrades. I shoot compressed RAW (is that the problem?) and NO data shows up in the "File-Info" option. I have the latest Raw plug-in/update. All editing I do is in two step, first, I use Nikon’s PictureProject to see my metadata and use the auto brightness control… (uuuugg!) then I right click on the thumbnail and specify "open with CS2." Unless I missed something after reading the two threads, I’m not sure what to do…

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

CC
Chris_Cox
Nov 7, 2006
Using Nikon’s software is your mistake.
Don’t do that and I’ll bet the files will work…
JL
johnleo_leo
Nov 7, 2006
Chris,
I thought Nikon’s Sw may be the problem too, but I have the same issue with other RAW files unadulterated by PP. I will try the uncompressed RAW next. Hmm, interesting note though, when I export a .jpg out of Nikon’s PP or out of PS, the .jpg does have limited metadata. It has the camera name and aperature, iso, but no shutter speed…

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections