K
Posted By
krstone
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I put text in a photo. I then want to draw lines and arrows from that text and I would like to set the color of the lines the same as the text. Can I somehow ‘copy and paste’ the color settings from the text to the arrow?

thanks
ken

Master Retouching Hair

Learn how to rescue details, remove flyaways, add volume, and enhance the definition of hair in any photo. We break down every tool and technique in Photoshop to get picture-perfect hair, every time.

NS
Nancy_S
Aug 30, 2004
krstone,

On menu, Window>Show Layers (if you don’t have the Layers Palette visible on your workarea).

Choose the Eyedropper tool from the Tool Box (second from last in right hand column)

Click within the text you have entered

Foreground color swatch at bottom of Tool Box will reflect color of text.

Choose the forth tool down in left column of Tool Box, Choose Custom Shape Tool, above Work Area click the arrow next to Shape, Choose the arrow, drag with mouse to produce the arrow (can change the arrow with Image>Transform Shape>Free Transform Shape, use the handles around the edges to pull/push)

Choose the Line Tool (in forth tool) for lines and adjust the width of the line above the workarea where it says Pixels, drag out in desired location on image. Let us know if this is what you wanted.

edit—

It is probably best practice to have the "Sampling" set to 3×3 pixels for the Eyedropper rather than Point Sample.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections