Posted By
ab
Aug 29, 2004
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
My previous post:

"New to PS Elements 2. Need a question answered. Some, but not all of my thumbnails display with a reddish tinge. Same when I open them. Is this a normal function? These same pics display fine in my Paint Shop Pro 8.

Is it due to resolution, degree of color etc, format of pic, or what?

All help appreciated.

AB

Can’t anyone help with this? I can’t use the program when this problem is occurring. Can’t adjust colors because the color will not display properly when I open the thumbs.

Am about to uninstall PS Elements and stick with PSP 8.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

O
oldnsenile_
Aug 30, 2004
On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:37:10 -0400, "ab" wrote:

My previous post:

"New to PS Elements 2. Need a question answered. Some, but not all of my thumbnails display with a reddish tinge. Same when I open them. Is this a normal function? These same pics display fine in my Paint Shop Pro 8.
All help appreciated.

AB

Can’t anyone help with this? I can’t use the program when this problem is occurring. Can’t adjust colors because the color will not display properly when I open the thumbs.

AB,

I am an Elements novice and I don’t have an answer for why only some of your images would have a color tint. Elements does use color management, while many other programs do not. This may be more noticeable for some images than others.

Others have solved a red tint problem by running a program "IgnoreEXIF", available from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1963

Also, don’t give up yet. The following info may help you to get a better response to your requests for assistance. As I understand it:

1) There are two different "arenas":
the Adobe Forum, and the Newsgroup (adobe.photoshop.elements).

2) Posts to the Adobe Forum, are seen in both the Forum and the Newsgroup.

3) Posts to the Newsgroup are seen only in the newsgroup.

Note that most of the (very helpful) "regulars" read only the Forum posts, and therefore do not see your posts to the newsgroup.

4) You must register (free), and establish a username and password, in order to post on the Adobe Forum. (In the newsgroup, you can Identify Forum posters by the "@adobeforums.com" following their username (most of the time).

5) You can access the Forum (after registration), either by web browser (www.adobeforums.com), or with a news reader through the news server "adobeforums.com"

6) If you use a different news server (e.g. your ISP), you can read all posts, but your posts will not be seen in the Forum.

If you use the Forum browser or the Forum news server, your posts will be seen by all, but you will not see the non-Forum posts.

I hope this helps you and potentially others who I am sure have experienced this confusion.

OldnSenile
A
ab
Aug 31, 2004
Seems no one on this group knows anything more than I do regarding this rather irritating function of PS Elements.

So I will say I gave PS a fair shot to see how it stacked up against Paint Shop Pro, and it didn’t.

Therefore I am removing this 50+mg albatross which is only cluttering up my hard drive with useless files.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

ab

"ab" wrote in message
My previous post:

All help appreciated.

AB

O
oldnsenile_
Sep 1, 2004
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:24:24 -0400, "ab" wrote:

Seems no one on this group knows anything more than I do regarding this rather irritating function of PS Elements.

So I will say I gave PS a fair shot to see how it stacked up against Paint Shop Pro, and it didn’t.

Therefore I am removing this 50+mg albatross which is only cluttering up my hard drive with useless files.

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

ab

"ab" wrote in message
My previous post:

All help appreciated.

AB

AB,

Based upon your last post, it appears that you did not see my post in the morning on 8/30/04 (a news server problem?). So, I am attaching it again below:

AB,

I am an Elements novice and I don’t have an answer for why only some of your images would have a color tint. Elements does use color management, while many other programs do not. This may be more noticeable for some images than others.

Others have solved a red tint problem by running a program "IgnoreEXIF", available from Adobe:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1963

Also, don’t give up yet. The following info may help you to get a better response to your requests for assistance. As I understand it:

1) There are two different "arenas":
the Adobe Forum, and the Newsgroup (adobe.photoshop.elements).

2) Posts to the Adobe Forum, are seen in both the Forum and the Newsgroup.

3) Posts to the Newsgroup are seen only in the newsgroup.

Note that most of the (very helpful) "regulars" read only the Forum posts, and therefore do not see your posts to the newsgroup.

4) You must register (free), and establish a username and password, in order to post on the Adobe Forum. (In the newsgroup, you can Identify Forum posters by the "@adobeforums.com" following their username (most of the time).

5) You can access the Forum (after registration), either by web browser (www.adobeforums.com), or with a news reader through the news server "adobeforums.com"

6) If you use a different news server (e.g. your ISP), you can read all posts, but your posts will not be seen in the Forum.

If you use the Forum browser or the Forum news server, your posts will be seen by all, but you will not see the non-Forum posts.

I hope this helps you and potentially others who I am sure have experienced this confusion.

OldnSenile

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections