Bridge cs2 batch problem – please help!!! desperate!!

M
Posted By
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
I have a macos 10.4.11 G5 Mac and I’m running Creative Suite CS2 – I used to always be able to select images in bridge go to – Tools – Photoshop – Contact Sheet II – and the window would come up fine – the last couple of days when I try to do that it gives me the error message of "General Photoshop Error" – I really need for it to work for the project I’m doing – just limping along now.
Thank you in advance for your help

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
see if it works in a new user.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
no it doesn’t :o(
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Next thing I would do is run DiskWarrior.

been a while since I ran CS2 is Photoshop already open?
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
yes, photoshop is open and I even closed it and tried it that way and still the same thing; it worked fine a couple of days ago – if I’m in photoshop I can do a contact sheet ii and select the open files and it works just fine – it is just so much convenient to do it in bridge where you can select the files you want (in case i have files open in Photoshop I don’t want to batch). I hope this makes sense.
P.S. Photoshop seems to be getting really pokey – I even made a new preference file (but to no avail)
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
you could try trashing bridge prefs.

Bridge in CS2 was the first version and was not the best.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
could you please tell me the exact location pref are – i could not seem to find it
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
From the FAQs in the Bridge Forum:

Q: How do I reset Bridge Preferences?

A: Hold down Cmd+Shift+Option (Mac) Ctrl+Shift+Alt (Windows) keys when launching Bridge.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
that still didn’t work – being majorly stubborn – i really appreciate your help on this! It worked just fine the last couple of weeks and of course we are in a major rush job!
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
since this is a Bridge problem you should really ask over in the Bridge Forum. Post #7 was a subtle hint that this really is not the place to get help on Bridge issues.

the Bridge gurus hang out there.
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
i’m over there – still the first question in the forum (been there since the early a.m.)!!! – thank you for your help!!!
B
Buko
Nov 21, 2008
Well like I said Bridge 1.0 was not the best.

have you updated it? to the latest version.

did you run Diskwarrior?
M
marieks
Nov 21, 2008
there are no new updates vs 1.0.4.6
I do not have disk warrior
NK
Neil_Keller
Nov 21, 2008
Marie,

Alsoft’s DiskWarrior is an excellent tool to fix directory stuff and fragmentation that Apple’s Disk Utility does not.

Again, as yours appears to be a Bridge-specific problem, that is the forum you should be posting in.

Thanks.

Neil

How to Master Sharpening in Photoshop

Give your photos a professional finish with sharpening in Photoshop. Learn to enhance details, create contrast, and prepare your images for print, web, and social media.

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections