Posted By
Michael_J_Brown_100
Dec 8, 2003
Views
Replies
Status
Closed

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

MJ
Michael_J_Brown_100
Dec 8, 2003
I have installed PS elements 2 on a computer running XP and no problem and also installed on my laptop ( 98) and no problem. Not I try to load into my computer running 98 and hooked up to a DSL and doesn’t run properly. When I go to help, the DSL sign-in window comes up–I close it and I get a message that explorer can’t access. The tutorial also won’t run–same problem. The computer running exploror 6 and MS 98. It has got to be the interaction with the dsl. Any fix or suggestions. I’m not sure if the rest of the program runs, because I have no cable yet at this location, no images on the hard drive, and thus can’t tell if I can open or download yet.. I guess I could live without the help or tutorial, but wonder how to fix.

Thanks a lot. I can’t believe how fast you people respond

Mike
BG
Byron_Gale
Dec 8, 2003
Michael,

It’s PSE’s EULA-enforcement utility… since you are only allowed to install a single copy of PSA on one desktop and one laptop…. ;~)

You have probably observed that the help files are HTML documents, so the problem is going to be browser-related. Do you use a customized browser, like the one from AOL? That one is guaranteed to hinder you from accessing help in PSE.

Folks have gotten around the issue by opening the REAL Internet Explorer independently, then opening the help files from within it. I believe that some have also re-associated a particular file-type (*.html vs. *.htm) with the standard browser.

Someone else will be able to post a fuller reply, but I wanted to give you something right away in case it was enough of a nudge to get you going sooner.

Good luck!

Byron

How to Improve Photoshop Performance

Learn how to optimize Photoshop for maximum speed, troubleshoot common issues, and keep your projects organized so that you can work faster than ever before!

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections