BT
Posted By
Bobby_Thurston
Aug 2, 2007
Views
Replies
Status
Closed
Okay, well, I downloaded the trial to Photoshop CS3, and, everything worked fine. Then, I clicked on setup, and it ran a scan to see if I needed to close any programs. It said I had to close internet explorer! I didn’t have any IE window up, and I didn’t even use IE anymore, I use Firefox!

When I opened up the task manager, there were 2 internet explorers running. I ended them, but about 3 seconds after I ended one, it would pop back up in the list!!

Also, I am sure that it is iexplorer.exe , not explorer.exe

What should I do?!?

Must-have mockup pack for every graphic designer 🔥🔥🔥

Easy-to-use drag-n-drop Photoshop scene creator with more than 2800 items.

JH
Juergen Heinzl
Aug 3, 2007
schrieb:
Okay, well, I downloaded the trial to Photoshop CS3, and, everything worked fine. Then, I clicked on setup, and it ran a scan to see if I needed to close any programs. It said I had to close internet explorer! I didn’t have any IE window up, and I didn’t even use IE anymore, I use Firefox!

When I opened up the task manager, there were 2 internet explorers running. I ended them, but about 3 seconds after I ended one, it would pop back up in the list!!

Also, I am sure that it is iexplorer.exe , not explorer.exe

Internet Explorer is actually iexplore.exe (no ‘r’), not iexplorer.exe — say either you’ve made a typo or you’ve a problem that is not related to Photoshop CS3.

What should I do?!?

If you’ve only made a type personally I’d just temporarily rename iexplore.exe and see who complains.

Cheers,
Juergen
BD
Brett Dalton
Aug 4, 2007
Or you are using another program that is using the IE engine for rendering pages. Some torrent pgms use it ofr their search pages as do a couple of media players. But I would’nt discount the virus idea.

Start by systematically closing 1 pgm at a time to see which kills the IE processes. if nothing does then possibly a virus.

Windows updates doesn’t use IE unless it is activly downloading an update (and even then I’m not sure)

BRETT
EH
Ed_Hannigan
Aug 4, 2007
I tend to agree that a virus or trojan might be the problem. My daughter had a similar problem on her computer a while ago. It was a trojan that would start up IE and attempt to go to a certain web site that I am sure was not benign.

I remember it was not easy to get rid of.

MacBook Pro 16” Mockups 🔥

– in 4 materials (clay versions included)

– 12 scenes

– 48 MacBook Pro 16″ mockups

– 6000 x 4500 px

Related Discussion Topics

Nice and short text about related topics in discussion sections